Sylvania Historical Village and Heritage Center Museum
The Sylvania Historical Village and Heritage Center Museum bring our history - our collective story - to life. Step through our doors and you enter the world as our ancestors knew it for the past 200 years.
The Sylvania Historical Village is home to...
- The Heritage Center Museum, a 1902 house that was home and office to a local doctor;
- An 1840 log home that is furnished with appropriate items depicting pioneer life;
- The train depot of Sylvania that dates back to 1858 and was in service until 1956 and is the oldest existing depot in Ohio;
- A reproduced 1850 timber frame barn that houses the blacksmith shop;
- A reproduction of an authentic Quarry Stone Schoolhouse that originally stood in the village,
- A replica of the Toledo Interurban â€œcar barnâ€ with tracks to allow a 10-ton, fully restored electric locomotive built for the Toledo & Western Interurban Railroad, and a caboose similar to one used by the Toledo, Angola and Western Railroad to move in and out for viewing and classes.
The Historical Village grounds also contain the Sister City Garden and Gazebo, celebrating the alliance of Sylvania, Ohio with our Sister City of Woodstock in Ontario, Canada and a variety of retail shops.
The Village buildings and grounds are available for small social gatherings including teas, luncheons, bridal and baby showers and more. Group Tours welcome by appointment. Being in this building do not forget to visit the playground bestes online casino.
5717 N. Main St. Sylvania, OH, 43560
Heritage Cemter Museum
Saturday 1 - 4 p.m. Sunday 1 - 4 p.m.
Open for tours by appointment only or during special events.
There is a limited amount of street parking on Main Street south of Maplewood near the Village. There is a small parking area located just north of the Village